Friday, November 13, 2009

Rockband and Pizza, who could want more?



Did you know my husband is the best pizza maker this side of Chicago? No? Well, it's true. The guy can really make a pizza. And he makes everything from scratch. It must be the Amato in him. And it's not just pepperoni for us! He gets super creative with his pizzas- my personal favorite is shrimp scampi with a red sauce - but besides the usuals he also does a fajita pizza, a bbq chicken pizza, and a dessert pizza (yes, dessert! My ass gets bigger just thinking about it!). Anyway, it really is a sin to horde all of Nick's pizza-making talents to myself, so we recently invited a few friends over for Nick's homemade pizzas. Alas, there was no dessert pizza (I made brownies from a mix - a poor substitute!). We had chicken sausage, shrimp scampi, and bbq chicken, so that ALMOST made up for the lack of dessert pizza. After some pizza and many glasses of wine, we broke out the Rockband. We had a really good time, but I don't think anyone will be moving on to American Idol anytime soon. It was nice that Harper came over so Bennett had a playmate. It was his first bath with another baby and he really enjoyed squeezing her thigh and laughing (her, not so much). Thank God for Beth, who takes pictures everywhere, and who is the only person who can get a good picture of my kid. Please note: wine intake was kept to a minimum until the kiddos went to bed.

Here are the cute kiddo pics (that Beth took). The hot chick with Bennett is Harper:




5 comments:

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

i don't know, i think this calls for a pizza cookoff...you and i can judge, and matt and nick can cook. score!

Beth Zarling said...

That was a fun time!

Cara Tebo said...

I like that swimming pool thing with toys- good idea! Bennett is looking more liek you now, or is that just me? Anyway, wish we could have been there. It looked like fun!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

He is darling! He has your blue eyes. I L-O-V-E a good pizza.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen! Did you have lunch with Az a few days ago? This is Jessica S. from LV. Bennett is a good looking little man! We have a Ruby who was also born in 9/08. Happy New Year!