Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Big Fat Irish Baby

Yikes! I went to the doctor early last week, right at my 34 week mark, and measured 38 centimeters! This is no typo, and if you don't know what this means, at 34 weeks I should be measuring between 32 and 36 inches. The doctor was dead silent for a moment and then asked me if there were lots of big babies in my family. Great.

In other news about how big my stomach is, at my shower last weekend my adorable 7 year old niece guessed my belly to be double the size it actually is! Thanks, Olivia!

So, what do you think? Will the baby be early, or late, or on time? My due date is September 17, which seems like a lifetime away...Vote in the poll or leave your comments here!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

I have a feeling you are the cutest pregnant lady! How are you feeling?

Alicia said...

First babies seem to be coming a few days early these days. My vote would be early but not by much...How is everything going? Are your insides being squished?

Beth Zarling said...

Early is best- hopefully Bennett (sp?) will be smaller that way. I thank god Harper was early. People have babies as big as her weight now at 4 weeks. Scary.

Stringer said...

the title of this post makes me laugh. oh how I hope bennett has red hair!

Denise said...

I hope for your sake your Dr. will let you have that baby a week early! I bet you look adorable! My boys were big and I measure just 2cm ahead.

Kriston said...

I know it seems a lifetime away but it will come quicker than you think! Hopefully that "big fat Irish baby" won't be too comfortable in there & will want to meet you sooner rather than later! And just for the record...I would never wish 2 weeks late upon anyone...I was 2 weeks late with Isaiah and I was freaking miserable!!! I can't wait to meet the new addition! :)

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HeRoosSheRoos said...

Oh my goodness! If this brings any comfort...I've heard that bigger babies sleep better through the night and trust me you will want your sleep! Good luck.

Monica said...

More than likely you'll deliver early. I think the end always seems like each day takes 10 years to get through. Put your feet up and eat some chocolate once in a while. Good luck!